Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Choosing between White Gold and Platinum

Although I am not engaged yet with some one, I already thought about what kind of engagement ring that I want. Kind of quick, eh? But actually it is important to plan something ahead of the game, so when it happens, we are ready to face it :) Back to my future engagement ring, right now I am considering between white gold and platinum for the metal part. No need to discuss about the gem stone option, since of course it must be a beautiful round brilliant cut diamond, the type of cut that will get the best of a diamond.

Since my knowledge in jewelry industry is average, I looked around for sources of article on the internet. Thank god there are many of articles that give me more knowledge. From this Engagement Guide, I found out that between the two type of metal I considered before, platinum is 30 times more rare than gold. Wow, this metal must be a very precious one, so it must be perfect to be used as a ring that commemorate one of the most important event in our life like an engagement ceremony. And guess what, I just found out that to maintain its white color, white gold must be re-plated every few years. It sure is a drawback, since I am the lazy type ^^ I also found out that platinum holds precious gems securely. This is a great thing, any girl wouldn't want to have her diamond fell of and gone ;) Stocked with this knowledge, now I am convinced to choose platinum over white gold. Although the price will be higher, but I think it will worth it. So girls, make your choice now :)

No comments:

Special promo for Mom